Warehouse Worker- Picking/Packing
- Job Ref:
- 777 Douglas Hill Rd, Suite 100, Lithia Springs, GA 30122
- Warehouse and Distribution
Immediate Warehouse Opportunities! Uniform Advantage is hiring Picking and Packing Associates.
Are you looking for better schedule? Do you want to make more money, the better you perform? We are looking for motivated team members that feel good about a hard day’s work done well.
We're a growing company with high demand for our products and services, so we're adding new positions! UA Brands' global operations are supported by our high-volume warehouse / distribution center located right outside of Atlanta, Georgia in Lithia Springs. Our Warehouse Team Members serve a dual role to keep our operations running smoothly by picking orders as well as by completing the shipping release and packing of orders. As a Warehouse Team Member-Picking & Packing in our Fulfillment Department you will be required to accurately select products from assigned locations and distribute the goods to the packing department.
*** Pay $15.00-$15.50 hourly***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reads batch sheets/customer order to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Counts, weighs, measures, or examines packaging and contents of items for conformance to company specifications.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves or conveys orders to packing stations or shipping department.
- Compares items packed with customer's order and other identifying data.
- Uses computer to enter records.
- Affixes postage to outbound packages.
- Hours will be 4 10-hour day shifts and 3 days off.
- Alternating schedules to include weekend shifts (must be able to work Saturdays and Sundays, as required).
- Pay for performance incentive opportunity!
- Weekend shift differential pay of $.50 per hour!
Available Shifts: 6am start to 9am start with a 10-hour shift.
Depending on availability
This is not a forklift picking job. The person in this position needs to frequently move about inside the distribution center to pick and pack items.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift, push and/or pull up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift, push and/or pull up to 25 pounds, and may infrequently be required to lift, push and/or pull up to 100 pounds.
Your Warehouse Work Environment
- You will experience moderate noise levels from the warehouse / distribution center’s mechanical and computer equipment.
- You will often work near moving mechanical parts and will occasionally work from places high above the ground.
- You will be working in a warehouse environment with high temperatures (and occasionally cold temperatures.)
- Must be 18 or over.
Our distribution center is located at 777 Douglas Hill Road, Suite 100, Lithia Springs, GA 30122; we are NOT on the Marta line.
Benefits Information: Enjoy the best of ALL worlds!
Along with a generous benefits package and dynamic location, there is another big benefit to building your career here: you enjoy the best of all worlds in one company. As an industry leader since 1985, we offer the strength and stability of a large firm, with healthy profitability and exciting career growth. Yet our friendly, team-oriented workplace makes you feel like part of a close family. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, critical care, life AD&D insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan, FMLA, Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance, and additional discount programs. For more information about our extensive benefits, click here.
Uniform Advantage introduced the Marketplace into the Lithia Springs Distribution Center. The Marketplace is a benefit available to all employees, that includes a variety of meal, snack and beverage choices that is restocked 6 days per week. As an added benefit, each associate is provided with a pre-funded account designed to allow for the daily purchase of a meal and a beverage. Another example of Uniform Advantage’s quest to make the Distribution Center, affectionately known as UA-North, a good place to work.
Watch your email − here’s what happens next:
We look forward to reviewing your application! If your background is a promising fit for the position, you’ll get an email from us within 3-4 business days which will include a link to our online Candidate Assessment.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
As an employee of any UA Brands division, you will be part of an established and dynamic organization. We believe that success starts from within and we are seeking individuals who thrive in an environment that encourages and supports self-management. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at UA Brands will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. UA Brands does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. UA Brands will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.