Warehouse - Receiving Associate
- Job Ref:
- 777 Douglas Hill Rd, Suite 100, Lithia Springs, GA 30122
- Warehouse and Distribution
Are you a loyal, hard-working receiving professional who takes pride in doing a job well and helping your warehouse team members? If so, you’re looking for a company, like UA Brands, that will respect and reward your dedication with opportunities for growth and promotions!
If you want a job that combines great benefits with exciting training and growth, our warehouse is the place for you!
Our division, Uniform Advantage, is one of America’s leading uniform companies and has been in business for 30 years. We operate six divisions that design, manufacture, warehouse, and sell uniforms to hard-working employees at clinics, hospitals, restaurants, schools, hotels, cruise lines and other workplaces around the world.
We’re seeking a Receiving Associate for our Lithia Springs, GA Distribution Center:
Join us at our busy warehouse, located about 20 minutes outside Atlanta. As a Receiving Associate, you’ll help us support UA Brands customers by receiving, storing, and compiling stock records (goods) in the distribution center.
This is more than a job: it’s your chance to grow!
We believe in helping our deserving employees reach their full potential. As a Receiving Associate, you'll have the chance to cross-train on jobs you haven’t done before. This helps you add valuable new skills that can increase your earnings and help you move up in the company. You’ll work side by side with managers who will take a real interest in your future. You’ll meet many fellow UA Brand employees who have grown along with us and were promoted to higher-level responsibilities and supervisory positions. If you’re hard-working and do a great job, you can be one of them! Our perfect fit opportunities include an extensive hiring process comprised of an online assessment, phone interview, general skills assessment, and background check.
*** Pay $15.00-$15.50 hourly***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates various material handling equipment to move or convey shipments from shipping and receiving dock to storage or work area
- Unloads, checks-in, counts and sorts incoming product to verify receipt of items on the bill of lading and packing lists
- Examines stock and shipment details to verify conformance to vendor compliance
- Adheres to stock-to-floor processes in a timely manner which includes 24-hour dock to stock time on backorder shipments and 48-hour on all others
- Accurately receives all packing lists according to created purchase order
- Assists with proper product procedures, such as bagging, labeling, and boxing
- Follows approved methods of storage, identification, and stock location
- Ability to learn and retain information related to company products
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to assist and recognize items that require the use of problem-solving skills
- Able to listen and comprehend verbal instructions
- Able to read and comprehend written instructions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate multiple types of material handling equipment
Physical demands needed to successfully perform the position include the ability to:
• Walk and stand for long periods of time
• Use hands/arms to reach for and handle merchandise and materials
• sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Regularly lift, push and/or pull up to 10 pounds; occasionally lift, push and/or pull up to 40 pounds; and infrequently lift, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Your Work Environment
• You’ll experience moderate noise levels from the distribution center’s mechanical and computer equipment
• You’ll often work near moving mechanical parts and will occasionally work from places high above the ground
• You’ll be working in an environment with high temperatures (and occasionally cold temperatures.)
- Must be 18 or over
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Receiving experience in a distribution environment
- Power Equipment certification
Our distribution center is located at 777 Douglas Hill Road, Suite 100, Lithia Springs, GA 30122; we are NOT on the Marta line.
Benefits Information: Enjoy the best of ALL worlds!
As an industry leader for 30 years, we offer the strength and stability of a large firm, with healthy profitability and exciting career growth. Yet our friendly, team-oriented workplace makes you feel like part of a close family. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, critical care, life AD&D insurance. We also offer a 401 (k) plan, FMLA, Pet Insurance, Continuing Education, Employee Assistance, and additional discount programs.
Here’s what happens next:
We look forward to reviewing your application! If your background is a promising fit for the position, you’ll get a phone call or email from us, which will include a request to complete our online Candidate Assessment.
Why do we request this assessment?
A big reason why UA Brands is such a rewarding place to work and why so many employees thrive here is the extra time we invest during the hiring process. We want to make sure our potential candidate will be a great addition to our family! This assessment allows us to get to know you better, which also helps you determine if we’re the right fit too.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
As an employee of any UA Brands division, you will be part of an established and dynamic organization. We believe that success starts from within and we are seeking individuals who thrive in an environment that encourages and supports self-management. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at UA Brands will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. UA Brands does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardship.
$15.00/ hour with a weekend and night schedules offers a shift differential of $.50
Available schedules below:
2 Positions: Monday & Tuesday: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Off Days Wednesday and Thursday, Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, Saturday and Sunday 5:00 am to 1:30 pm.
1 Position: Off Days Sunday and Monday, Tuesday-Friday 4:00 pm to 12:30 am, Saturday 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm.