Warehouse Inventory Control Manager
- Job Ref:
- 777 Douglas Hill Rd, Lithia Springs, GA
- Warehouse & Distribution
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
The primary responsibility of the Inventory Control Manager is to manage the company inventory accuracy and support continuous improvement initiatives related to inventory accuracy. Coordinate and manage the accuracy and control of item/sku level inventory in addition to development and supervision of slotting processes, cycle counts, physical inventory, shrinkage reduction and continuous improvement functional programs/areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the integrity of the inventory in warehouses through cycle counting programs, slot audits and management of physical inventory audit programs.
- Plans and coordinates work, trains, motivates, monitors, and evaluates performance of Inventory Control team members; ensures goals are being met to meet customer expectations. Interviews, hires, counsels, keeps HR records, and disciplines team members, as necessary.
- Ensures materials are stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures. Oversees the rotation of inventories within the warehouse from reserve storage to active storage areas.
- Partner with leads, supervisors and managers in the identification and reporting root-causes for operational errors. Designs and implements recommendations for improving efficiency and inventory integrity in operational areas.
- Reviews forecasted quantities on incoming products and communicates in a timely fashion to internal customers to support operational throughput.
- Documents and revises departmental standard operating procedures as required.
- Trains staff on revision to standard operational procedures.
- Re-train warehouse personnel on proper standard operating procedures (SOP), best practices and customer requirements, as needed.
- Assist in supporting facility KPI's which consistently meet/exceed established goals and objectives.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Strong knowledge of warehousing, E-commerce fulfillment operations and inventory control.
- Organized, a self-starter and an inspirational leader of your team.
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
Required Education & Experience:
- A degree in Business Management, Logistics or a related field is preferred, but we are willing to accept 2 to 5 years of comparable experience in inventory control and materials management within a distribution environment.
- A minimum of 2 of 5 years of supervisory experience is required.
- Previous eCommerce is strongly preferred.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must repeatedly lift, push, and/or pull up to 40 pounds.
- The distribution center is subject to loud noise levels due to mechanical equipment.
- Our Fulfillment Supervisor will often work near moving mechanical parts.
Our distribution center is located at 777 Douglas Hill Road, Suite 100, Lithia Springs, GA 30122; we are NOT on the Marta line.
Benefits Information: Enjoy the best of ALL worlds!
Along with a generous benefits package and dynamic location, there is another big benefit to building your career here: you enjoy the best of all worlds in one company. As an industry leader since 1985, we offer the strength and stability of a large firm, with healthy profitability and exciting career growth. Yet our friendly, team-oriented workplace makes you feel like part of a close family. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, critical care, life AD&D insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan, FMLA, Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance, and additional discount programs. For more information about our extensive benefits, click here.
Free Weekly Meal Allowance!
Uniform Advantage introduced the Marketplace into the Lithia Springs Distribution Center. The Marketplace is a benefit available to all employees, which includes a variety of meal, snack, and beverage choices that is restocked 6 days per week. As an added benefit, each associate is provided with a pre-funded account designed to allow for the daily purchase of a meal and a beverage. Another example of Uniform Advantage’s quest to make the Distribution Center, affectionately known as UA-North, a good place to work.
Watch your email − here is what happens next!
We look forward to reviewing your application! If your background is a promising fit for the position, you will get an email from us within 3-4 business days which will include a link to our online Candidate Assessment.
Why do we request this assessment?
A big reason why UA Brands is such a rewarding place to work and why so many employees thrive here is the extra time we invest during the hiring process. We want to make sure our potential candidate will be a great addition to our family! This assessment allows us to get to know you better, which also helps you determine if we are the right fit too.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace!
As an employee of any UA Brands division, you will be part of an established and dynamic organization. We believe that success starts from within, and we are seeking individuals who thrive in an environment that encourages and supports self-management.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at UA Brands will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. UA Brands does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. UA Brands will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Apply