Warehouse Audit Specialist
- Job Ref:
- 777 Douglas Hill Rd, Lithia Springs, GA
- Warehouse & Distribution
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
Gain invaluable skills:
We’ll help you advance your career with training and on-the-job experience that strengthens your communications, business, operations, and leadership capabilities. As a member of our Continuous Improvement Team, you’ll work side by side with the Managers and Leadership Team, with many opportunities for valuable learning and mentoring.
The Process Improvement Specialist brings value to the Operations team by acting as an objective SME for all things auditable in the distribution center. They will help to create and facilitate a wide variety of audits and inspections across multiple subject matters and departments, using the results to help drive Continuous Improvement initiatives, root cause discussions, After-Action Reports, and department/process wellness checks. The OA will also provide necessary feedback for audit/inspection improvements to help maintain effectiveness and current scope. They will also maintain audit/inspection dashboards and provide scheduled summary updates to company stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform facility-wide process, product, and system audits and inspections, ranging from safety and security, to departmental operations.
- Identify and assess the audit/inspection needs of the warehouse through job/process analysis and performance against standards and trends.
- Assist in the measuring and maintenance of process Time Studies
- Manage the tracking of results, and work with the CI team to develop meaningful measurements around those results.
- Serves as DC SME on audits and inspections, and the processes driving them.
- Report audit metrics, trends, and outcomes (performance) to all stakeholders.
- Strong logical, processing, and computer skills.
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to complete tasks efficiently and consistently.
- Ability to develop action plans in response to RCA and AARs in response to poor audit performance, and communicate those effectively to stakeholders
- Able to 'think on your feet,' plan ahead and anticipate problems, and be willing and able to ask for help when needed.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with others, including demonstrated leadership
- Flexible team player.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training,
and experience in Operation Audit, Supply Chain Management, and Distribution
- Direct experience in warehouse industry and 3 years’ experience in warehouse training.
- Demonstrated, detailed knowledge and have (2-5 years) experience in warehousing practices and procedures, including safety procedures, equipment operation, computer system skills, and inventory analysis.
- Experience with creation and performing of a variety of process, product, and system audits.
- Familiarity with warehouse operating systems and Office 365.
- Demonstrated excellence related to accuracy, consistency, objectivity, and organization methods.
- Ability to operate all MHE equipment safely.
- Knowledge of supply chain basic concepts and processes.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements/laws and compliance/reposting related to OSHA, Workers Compensation, general safety and security provisions.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must repeatedly lift, push, and/or pull up to 40 pounds.
- The distribution center is subject to loud noise levels due to mechanical equipment.
- Our Fulfillment Supervisor will often work near moving mechanical parts.
Our distribution center is located at 777 Douglas Hill Road, Suite 100, Lithia Springs, GA 30122; we are NOT on the Marta line.
Benefits Information: Enjoy the best of ALL worlds!
Along with a generous benefits package and dynamic location, there is another big benefit to building your career here: you enjoy the best of all worlds in one company. As an industry leader since 1985, we offer the strength and stability of a large firm, with healthy profitability and exciting career growth. Yet our friendly, team-oriented workplace makes you feel like part of a close family. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, critical care, life AD&D insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan, FMLA, Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance, and additional discount programs. For more information about our extensive benefits, click here.
Free Weekly Meal Allowance!
Uniform Advantage introduced the Marketplace into the Lithia Springs Distribution Center. The Marketplace is a benefit available to all employees, which includes a variety of meal, snack, and beverage choices that is restocked 6 days per week. As an added benefit, each associate is provided with a pre-funded account designed to allow for the daily purchase of a meal and a beverage. Another example of Uniform Advantage’s quest to make the Distribution Center, affectionately known as UA-North, a good place to work.
Watch your email − here is what happens next!
We look forward to reviewing your application! If your background is a promising fit for the position, you will get an email from us within 3-4 business days which will include a link to our online Candidate Assessment.
Why do we request this assessment?
A big reason why UA Brands is such a rewarding place to work and why so many employees thrive here is the extra time we invest during the hiring process. We want to make sure our potential candidate will be a great addition to our family! This assessment allows us to get to know you better, which also helps you determine if we are the right fit too.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at UA Brands will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. UA Brands does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. UA Brands will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Apply