VP, Ecommerce Technology
- Job Ref:
- 101 NE 3rd Ave, Suite 2000, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- Technology and Computer-Related
The position of Vice President, Ecommerce Technology will ensure alignment between UA Brands’ business strategies and its feature-rich, native and web applications as well as delivering highly scalable and highly available web services and intelligent data-driven systems. This executive will work closely with senior business and technology leadership to develop, implement and scale 24x7 web applications and services.
As a senior member of the IT leadership team, this position will guide the design and development of the company’s ecommerce software solutions to meet future business needs. This position requires an experienced, hands-on leader with the ability to coach and lead our global team (located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Pune, India) of software engineers in all phases of ecommerce software development including gathering business requirements from key stakeholders, planning, coding, testing/quality assurance, and ongoing maintenance. The role is responsible for delivering "fit for purpose" solutions on time and on budget that improve operational efficiencies and create and sustain a superior customer experience.
Specific responsibilities will include:
▪ Develop and implement the vision and strategy for the global ecommerce technology organization and provide the leadership and subject matter expertise to assure the consistent execution of this strategy.
▪ Ability to quickly gain a clear and comprehensive understanding of UA Brands’ technology strategy, priorities, and initiatives and represent them to various constituencies across the organization. ▪ Regular international travel required, with two to three weeks each quarter in the Pune, India office (or as needed).
▪ Oversee team leads located both in U.S. and India and their work in the development, quality assurance, and production environments to ensure ecommerce software integration/development projects align with business growth/optimization goals.
▪ Build bench strength of development team’s leadership competencies to ensure they mentor/coach engineers to utilize best practices on design sessions utilizing Agile/Scrum principles, unit testing, documentation, and code reviews.
▪ Manage the day-to-day activities staff and communicate with the global ecommerce technology team routinely to ensure appropriate prioritization of work so deliverables are on schedule. Make recommendations to executive management about schedules, prioritization, and resource allocation. Align with other IT leadership to ensure knowledge transfer and excellent communication across teams.
▪ Work with key stakeholders to design and deliver/implement new technology enabled features that improve the company’s customers experiences.
▪ Fine tune overall system performance and continuously identify performance bottleneck/improvement opportunities to ensure overall health of the company’s systems.
▪ Manage ecommerce software development KPI's, develop and maintain SOP’s, technology standards, and create reports for senior leadership team.
UA Brands is a Drug Free Workplace.
As an employee of any UA Brands division, you will be part of an established and dynamic organization. We believe that success starts from within and we are seeking individuals who thrive in an environment that encourages and supports self-management. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at UA Brands will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. UA Brands does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. UA Brands will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Benefits Information: Enjoy the best of ALL worlds!
Along with a generous benefits package and dynamic downtown location, there’s another big benefit to building your career here: you enjoy the best of all worlds in one company. As an industry leader for 30 years, we offer the strength and stability of a large firm, with healthy profitability and exciting career growth. Yet our friendly, team-oriented workplace makes you feel like part of a close family. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, critical care, life AD&D insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan, FMLA, Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance, and additional discount programs. For more information about our extensive benefits, click here.
Watch your email − here’s what happens next:
We look forward to reviewing your application! If your background is a promising fit for the position, you’ll get an email from us within 3-4 business days which will include a link to our online Candidate Assessment.
Why do we request this assessment?
A big reason why UA Brands is such a rewarding place to work and why so many employees thrive here is the extra time we invest during the hiring process. We want to make sure our potential candidate will be a great addition to our family! This assessment allows us to get to know you better, which also helps you determine if we’re the right fit too.
The Vice President, Ecommerce Technology must be an innovative, entrepreneurial and dynamic leader, excellent communicator, and accomplished executive driver of large-scale transformational change. S/he must be able to effectively motivate, challenge, and inspire teams to execute on ambitious strategies. S/he must continuously source, develop and upgrade a global IT talent pool. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to create and execute the global ecommerce technology strategy and establish stakeholder alignment. This leadership role is viewed as pivotal and strategic as the organization is aggressively pursuing numerous competitive advantages which can be leveraged by effectively utilizing IT assets and services. Further, s/he will partner with operations business leaders to create an environment where innovation, analytics and automation will continue to be an integral and differentiating component of company culture and value to the customer.
Specific desired qualifications and experience include:
▪ Strong track record of leading development and deployment of e-commerce technology solutions for business transformation. Prior experience integrating e-commerce with retail stores and distribution centers highly preferred.
▪ Strategic transformation – able to redefine the role of technology teams within a fast-changing enterprise, how they work with the business to define and drive strategy and innovation and develop the technology capability.
▪ Operational excellence – proven experience in managing mission critical enterprise platforms and transaction environments at scale and knows the challenges and drives optimization and simplification.
▪ Able to build and develop ecommerce software development talent; builds ecosystems with partners based on value delivery. Must have prior experience managing teams deployed globally. Prior experience recruiting and developing technology talent in India highly desirable.
▪ Delivery excellence – translates strategy into meaningful direction of work and drives to completion with demonstration of effective change management, the evolution of business processes, and delivery of business benefits on time and on budget.
▪ Innovation (visionary and strategic) – brings a breadth of view outside just one industry; able to translate ideas from pureplay and traditional companies into new areas; breadth of technology knowledge.
▪ Demonstrated maturity to partner with and influence executive leadership not only related to ecommerce software development, but on a myriad of strategic and technical matters impacting the company.
▪ Ability to articulate a strong vision and inspire and influence others in achieving this vision. Strong business sense and demonstrated ability to use good judgment to identify and solve problems and lead an organization through change.
▪ Proven analytical skills, able to make sound decisions with ambiguous information.
▪ Ability to think creatively, improve existing processes, and create new processes from conception through implementation.
▪ Business EQ – business-aligned, commercial, customer, and solution focused; achieves consensus for change across diverse stakeholder groups, creates pace, and fosters a collaborative and positive working environment across diverse groups.
▪ Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation).
▪ Strong interpersonal skills required to work cross-functionally and effectively interact with many different stakeholders to resolve complex issues.
▪ Strong technology leadership, strategy, and operational experience.
▪ A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, management information system, business administration, or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university required. Master’s degree preferred.