Senior Manager, Apparel Quality Assurance
- Job Ref:
- Corporate Office, 101 NE 3rd Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Sourcing, Production and Quality
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
UA (Uniform Advantage) Brands is hiring a Senior Manager of Quality Assurance.
The Senior Manager of Quality Assurance role is to focus on proactive quality processes at pre-production stage to ensure quality production and execution can be achieved efficiently. The role will interface with the Apparel Product Development & Design (PDD) Team and the Technical Design Team during the development and fit process, as well as with the sourcing team to ensure factory allocation and quality is aligned for the product we want to make.
This role's focus is on our factory operations, both sourced and owned factories. The role will be focused on developing complete understanding of each factory's abilities, machinery and processes of manufacturing and quality assurance. The Senior Manager will need to visit all production facilities to establish a quality process scorecard, identify areas of opportunity for improvement and consistency in quality processes across all factories producing UA product. Through training and continuous engagement with all factories this role will own continuous improvement in each of the factory’s quality processes.
It is expected that this role will travel up to 50 % of the time.
This role will lead the process development for a wear test process for all new products to elevate the product being introduced that the PDD team will conduct.
- Develop and oversee factory quality process audit/score and through training and education engage in continuous improvement in each factories quality processes to be consistent.
- Pre-Production evaluation of new styles to ensure production quality expectations can be met.
- Maintain report on factories quality processes and collate this data with on-going production quality reports provided by quality manager to assure alignment of process and improved results.
- Develop official wear-test processes for new product introductions and review PDD findings of wear test from quality assurance perspective.
- Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Leadership and Managerial Skills encompassing self-motivation, organization, and time management.
- Continuous process improvement with a critical eye on improving quality, consistency and reduce cost.
- Presentation skills for in house as well as sales presentations
- Yunique PLM
Watch your email − here’s what happens next:
We are a Drug-Free Workplace.