Product Design & Development Associate
- Job Ref:
- Corporate Office, 101 NE 3rd Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Fashion Design & Development
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
ABOUT UA/UNIFORM ADVANTAGE BRANDS
For over 35 years, UA Brands has been synonymous with fashion-forward specialty apparel for the medical and culinary professions. We are proud to support our valued customers - true heroes giving back with every shift. Our culture includes a long history of philanthropy and community support. Our strong values and unique culture are built on collaborating not merely as coworkers, but as family and friends. From the beginning, we provide candidates an authentic look into how UA Brands embraces their skills and perspectives, all in ways that continue to set us apart.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a great opportunity to join a growing, global organization. This position is an apparel product development-focused role supporting the design and development team from initial concepts through production. This associate works closely with our internal cross functional team members and factories.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support the product development process from initial design through production.
- Create and/or edit BOMs in our PLM system and edit technical design sketches in Adobe Illustrator.
- Communicate daily to product development team and vendors any product specifications utilizing email, MS Teams, and PLM.
- Responsible for overseeing details on the design of the product to include preparing and updating sketches and product specifications. This may include gathering garment information and components such as fabric, colors, prints, stitching details, trims, labels, and embellishments needed for production and placing into PLM.
- Understand garment construction with the ability to proofread construction details and make corrections. Be proactive and resourceful in finding missing information with minimal supervision.
- Provide timely communication and follow-up with vendors on trim and garment sampling approvals.
- Assist in the conceptual development of product lines from start to finish and participate in seasonal research.
- Oversee, maintain, and organize a library of garments and trim samples for reference by product development and other departments. Serves as a liaison between other departments and communicates updates.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 2-5 years of related apparel design or development experience
- Advanced experience of working with BOMs in a PLM system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Programs (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Understanding of apparel product development lifecycle from planning and design through production
- Previous experience with apparel development and trim development, including working with factories and suppliers is strongly preferred
- Experience creating and updating technical sketches
- Organization skills- ability to manage time, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and complete all assigned tasks
- Ability to be proactive in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking skills and resourcefulness to resolve (and potentially elevate) complex issues
- Strong work ethic - willingness to take on extra projects while still maintaining key responsibilities.
- BS/BA or Associate Degree - or strong background in apparel design or product development required
Please include a link of work samples or portfolio if available.
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
OFFICE-BASED – Fort Lauderdale Headquarters
Just a short distance from the beautiful Fort Lauderdale beaches - our home base of South Florida is a perfect reflection of our customer population and culturally rich and diverse team. These onsite, business-critical roles are the backbone of our success. Join other team members in the spacious Quad for lunch or enjoy our ongoing team member activities.
PLENTY OF BENEFITS TOO
UA BRANDS offers a full range of benefits allowing you the opportunity to customize a benefits package that addresses both your health and financial needs.
- Medical and Pharmacy Coverage
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program – self-care and support for life’s everyday challenges
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching - Save for your future
- Short & Long Term Disability – Company Paid
- Accident, Hospital Care and Critical Illness Insurance – Protect your Income
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Legal Insurance and ID Theft Protection
- Nationwide Pet Insurance
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off – Life Balance
- Volunteer Time Off – Make an Impact
- Employee Discount Program
- Referral Program - Get paid to work with Friends
- Free Parking at the Downtown Corporate Office
- Regular Social Activities and Events – Mandatory Fun
- See more of the benefits we offer
UA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
As an employee of any UA Brands division, you will be part of an established and dynamic organization. We believe that success starts from within, and we are seeking individuals who thrive in an environment that encourages and supports self-management. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at UA Brands will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. UA Brands does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. UA Brands will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace.