- Job Ref:
- Corporate Office, 101 NE 3rd Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
UA (Uniform Advantage) Brands is looking for a proactive Merchandise Assistant to join our growing team. The Merchandise Assistant will play an integral role in assisting both the Buyer and Planner with administrative responsibilities including, vendor and database creation and maintenance, order creation and maintenance, and store requests for product. The position will work closely with our Retail Stores, Distribution Center, and Vendors.
This is a Temporarily Remote opportunity.
- Full ownership of the item creation process including UPC codes, style numbers, and data needed for purchase order entr
- Partner with Retail Stores on merchandise project management requests and emails to resolve issues.
- Enter seasonal fashion information and label items in the database. Review selling of fashion product with Buyer - transfer, markdown, or reorder.
- Resolve discrepancies on invoicing, receiving, and pricing issues for accounting and update the Retail Pro system file found on these discrepancies.
- Key purchase orders and ensure they are shipped and scheduled to deliver on time from vendors, report back to Buyers issues found to address.
- Initiate and track in-store transfers and track store returns to UAN and vendors.
- Upload product markdowns or price changes provided by the Buyers.
- Communicate with stores on issues and subjects.
- Run merchandising reports.
- Additional administrative/reporting tasks as directed by Buyers/Planners.
- Microsoft Office- Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Organization skills- ability to manage time, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and complete all assigned tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ten-key typing
- Communication skills to work with vendors, buyers, and replenishment personnel, team player mentality
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Basic retail math - formulas/calculations
- Project Management software
- Retail Store or Merchandise Buying, or Merchandising Experience
- Adaptability to learn new methods and skills to be able to do different types of reports or adapt to company changes/policies
- Detailed oriented to be able to locate mistakes and correct, perform repetitive tasks with minimal errors, strong work ethic, able to self-manage and own it
- Provide quality service and support in a variety of areas including, but not limited to product creation, pricing, keying orders, and product shipping
- Associate Degree preferred - Merchandising, Business, Marketing, Fashion Buying
Watch your email − here’s what happens next:
We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
As an employee of any UA Brands division, you will be part of an established and dynamic organization. We believe that success starts from within, and we are seeking individuals who thrive in an environment that encourages and supports self-management. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at UA Brands will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. UA Brands does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. UA Brands will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Apply