Manager, Human Resources --Warehouse Operations
- Job Ref:
- 777 Douglas Hill Rd, Lithia Springs, GA
- Human Resources
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs diverse and complex assignments, requiring a high degree of ingenuity and creativity, and covering a wide area of HR functions (i.e. employee relations, recruiting, total rewards administration & communication, workers' compensation, change management, organizational development, and performance management).
- Leads Talent Acquisition, managing high volume recruiting/onboarding and serves as relationship manager to contingent staffing agency partners. Provides guidance and input on department restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- SME on HR software (UKG) including all administrative functions including but not limited to user set-up, user questions, content/document uploads, troubleshooting, running reports, and approving key HR transactions.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. Maintains knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Drives employee engagement and retention efforts through skip-level reviews, retention interviews, pulse surveys, and employee engagement events.
- Contributes, in partnership with company-wide HR colleagues, in assessing, recommending, implementing, and leading/assisting HR strategic initiatives and projects that support and drive the overall business strategy.
- Provides day to day supervision to on-site HR team in carrying out all HR department responsibilities.
- Strong advising skills, comprehensive understanding of HR principles, knowledge of State and Federal employment and labor laws, and experience in resolving employee relation issues.
- Data-driven problem solver with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and participate in strategic team planning and implementation.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, both orally and in writing.
- 5-7 years previous HR management experience, with at least 3 years working in warehouse/distribution center or other industrial environment
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Super use level experience with comparable HCM systems/reporting (we use UKG)
- Prior experience working effectively in matrix managed organizations with Corporate HR support and dotted line reporting into Operations leadership
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Ability to mobilize around Distribution center in order to interact with employees/leaders while working on warehouse floor.
The distribution center is subject to loud noise levels due to mechanical equipment.
Check out our UA Total Rewards that make us such a great place to work:
Market Competitive Cash Compensation:
- Very competitive base pay with opportunity for annual increases based on performance
- Annual management performance based bonus opportunity; additional division bonuses may be available based on operational imperatives
Comprehensive Benefits to meet the needs of you and your family:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision and EAP
- Life and Disability Insurances
- Generous Time Off Benefits: 7 Paid Holidays, Volunteer Time, and Bonus Day Off in addition to 15-20 Days Paid Time Off for vacation/personal/incidental illness
- Employer matches on 401(k) plan retirement contributions
- Supplemental benefit programs including accident, critical illness and hospital care insurances, auto and home insurance, legal assistance, pet insurance, and Identity protection program
- Free meal/snacks through our onsite Marketplace
For more information about our extensive benefits and eligibility requirements, click here.
Watch your email − here’s what happens next:
We look forward to reviewing your application! If your background is a promising fit for the position, you’ll get an email from us within 3-4 business days which will include a link to our online Candidate Assessment.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
As an employee of any UA Brands division, you will be part of an established and dynamic organization. We believe that success starts from within and we are seeking individuals who thrive in an environment that encourages and supports self-management. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at UA Brands will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. UA Brands does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. UA Brands will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.