IT - SQL DBA
- Job Ref:
- 101 NE 3rd Ave, Suite 2000, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- Technology and Computer-Related
A SQL Server DBA (or database administrator) manages the SQL server to successfully store, organize, and access data. They also analyze an organization’s data management, input, and security needs, and help develop tools that support data access and information security.
- BS degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification and experience
- 5+ years of SQL Server code development & general administration
- Strong experience of High Availability technologies (Always On, Replication, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, think outside the box
- Proven working experience as a Database administrator
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, monitoring and integrity
- Strong experience with indexing concepts & code tuning techniques
- Experience in git version control desired
- Monitor databases to gather resource consuming queries, maintain SQL server replication, Clustering, backups, ETL SSIS jobs, and encryption
- Review and debug SQL Server code including adhoc queries, views, stored procedures, functions and triggers for modernization and performance improvements
- Maintain, review and apply appropriate indexes for new and existing queries
- Provide SQL Server administration in MS SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016 and a large SQL DB environment and High Availability technologies (Always On and Replication)
- Review alerts and remediate any issues that may arise from blocking, deadlocks and poorly performing code using extended events, execution plan analysi
- Analyze SQL query plans, suggest and implement solutions to support developers in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Install, configure and upgrade database management systems and software including clustering environment
- Refine and automate security lockdown processes
- Configure, maintain and optimize database backups using native backup functionality and Idera Sql Safe
- Use PowerShell and SSIS to automate monitoring and alerting functions of SQL server
- Ability to debug and push to production SSIS and large stored procedures for ETL
- Ability to take calls on a 24x7 basis as first level DBA support
Benefits Information: Enjoy the best of ALL worlds!
Along with a generous benefits package and dynamic downtown location, there’s another big benefit to building your career here: you enjoy the best of all worlds in one company. As an industry leader since 1985, we offer the strength and stability of a large firm, with healthy profitability and exciting career growth. Yet our friendly, team-oriented workplace makes you feel like part of a close family. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, critical care, life AD&D insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan, FMLA, Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance, and additional discount programs. For more information about our extensive benefits, click here.
Watch your email − here’s what happens next:
We look forward to reviewing your application! If your background is a promising fit for the position, you’ll get an email from us within 3-4 business days which will include a link to our online Candidate Assessment.
Why do we request this assessment?
A big reason why UA Brands is such a rewarding place to work and why so many employees thrive here is the extra time we invest during the hiring process. We want to make sure our potential candidate will be a great addition to our family! This assessment allows us to get to know you better, which also helps you determine if we’re the right fit too.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
As an employee of any UA Brands division, you will be part of an established and dynamic organization. We believe that success starts from within and we are seeking individuals who thrive in an environment that encourages and supports self-management. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at UA Brands will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. UA Brands does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. UA Brands will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship