Fabric & Trims Sourcing Manager
- Job Ref:
- Corporate Office, 101 NE 3rd Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Sourcing, Production and Quality
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
ABOUT UA/UNIFORM ADVANTAGE BRANDS
For over 35 years, UA Brands has been synonymous with fashion-forward specialty apparel for the medical and culinary professions. We are proud to support our valued customers - true heroes giving back with every shift. Our culture includes a long history of philanthropy and community support. Our strong values and unique culture are built on collaborating not merely as coworkers, but as family and friends. From the beginning, we provide candidates an authentic look into how UA Brands embraces their skills and perspectives, all in ways that continue to set us apart.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a great opportunity to join a growing organization. The Fabric and Trim Sourcing Manager will own all fabric and raw materials from development to production. This role will partner with design and merchandising on new programs needed and initiate and develop fabrics and trims to meet the needs of the business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- New Fabric and Trim Development - Both Proactively based on fabric technology and understanding of UA strategy (bringing ideas to design/merchandising) and Reactively (working from design/merchandising samples or requests). Counter source existing qualities to elevate quality, reduce cost, improve service.
- Negotiate fabric capacity and pricing with mills based on the seasonal calendar. Reduce fabric spend and improve service levels/ reduce lead-times on fabrics. Negotiate all UA purchased, and Factory purchased trims that UA develops. Assist with RFQ process for Factory purchased/sourced trims where needed.
- Negotiate fabric pricing and delivery terms on all existing and new programs and will participate in their area of responsibility for vendor scorecard matrix.
- The manager will use their expertise in both fabrics and trims to have continuous contact with the marketplace to have an on-going inflow of new ideas and leverage these relationships to ensure UA is able to be at the forefront of innovation.
- This role will interface with:
- Sourcing to ensure new fabrications and finishes developed can be made in the current factory base and contribute to calendar T&A for the season. Align on trims orders for all sourced factories from a timing standpoint. Place UA purchased trims and assist with Factory purchased trims regarding minimums and lead-times where necessary.
- Quality to ensure new fabrications and finishes developed meet UA quality requirements.
- Color Manager for input as to fabric suppliers' color performance and leverage the relationship to support the color department.
- Maintain seasonal fabric matrix, and issue greige and dyed fabric purchase orders to all mills.
- Create fabrics in PLM once approved. Interface fabric ready dates with Logistics to initiate fabric shipments. Interface with quality to ensure fabric testing and inspections are completed.
- Lead any fabric issue resolution negotiations.
- Provide to VP financial planning and spend recap and projections for the upcoming quarter for fabric and trim spending.
- Successful candidates will allow UA to introduce new fabric collections and new trim concepts faster and better with a goal of at least one new fabric collection per season.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- BS/BA Degree in Fashion/Textiles or similar
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, solid Excel skills
- Organization skills- ability to manage time, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and complete all assigned tasks
- Leadership and Managerial Skills encompassing self-motivation, organization, and time management
- Managerial experience required with at least one direct report
- Continuous process improvement with a critical eye on improving quality, consistency, and reducing cost
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze trends, market competition, and sales figures to conceptually visualize and set each brands’ development through print/color
- Presentation skills for in-house as well as sales presentations
- Yunique PLM a plus
- Excellent taste level
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
OFFICE-BASED – Fort Lauderdale Headquarters
Just a short distance from the beautiful Fort Lauderdale beaches - our home base of South Florida is a perfect reflection of our customer population and culturally rich and diverse team. These onsite, business-critical roles are the backbone of our success. Join other team members in the spacious Quad for lunch, and with our other ongoing wellness activities.
PLENTY OF BENEFITS TOO
UA BRANDS offers a full range of benefits allowing you the opportunity to customize a benefits package that addresses both your health and financial needs.
- Medical and Pharmacy Coverage
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program – self-care and support for life’s everyday challenges
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching - Save for your future
- Short & Long Term Disability – Company Paid
- Accident, Hospital Care and Critical Illness Insurance – Protect your Income
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Legal Insurance and ID Theft Protection
- Nationwide Pet Insurance
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off – Life Balance
- Volunteer Time Off – Make an Impact
- Employee Discount Program
- Referral Program - Get paid to work with Friends
- Free Parking at the Downtown Corporate Office
- Regular Social Activities and Events – Mandatory Fun
- See more of the benefits we offer
UA IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
As an employee of any UA Brands division, you will be part of an established and dynamic organization. We believe that success starts from within, and we are seeking individuals who thrive in an environment that encourages and supports self-management. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at UA Brands will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. UA Brands does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. UA Brands will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardship.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace.