Fabric & Trim Sourcing Manager
- Job Ref:
- Corporate Office, 101 NE 3rd Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Sourcing, Production and Quality
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
UA (Uniform Advantage) Brands is looking for an innovative Fabric & Trim Sourcing Manager to join the team!
The Fabric and Trim Sourcing Manager will own all fabric and raw material from development to production. This role will work with design and merchandising on new programs needed, initiate, and develop fabrics and trims to meet the needs of the business. The manager will use their expertise in both fabrics and trims to have continuous contact with the marketplace to have an ongoing inflow of new ideas and leverage these relationships to ensure UA is able to be at the forefront of innovation.
This role will interface with Sourcing to ensure new fabrications and finishes developed can be made in the current factory base and contribute to calendar T&A for the season. The role will interface with Quality to ensure new fabrications and finishes developed meet UA quality requirements. Additionally, this role will interface with the Color Manager for input as to fabric suppliers’ color performance and leverage the relationship to support the color department.
The role will negotiate fabric pricing and delivery terms on all existing and new programs and will participate in their area of responsibility for the vendor scorecard matrix.
Successful candidates will allow UA to introduce new fabric collections and new trim concepts faster and better with a goal of at least one new fabric collection per season.
- New Fabric and Trim Development - Both Proactively based on fabric technology trims and understanding of UA strategy (bringing ideas to design/merchandising) and Reactively (working from design/merchandising samples or requests).
- Negotiate fabric capacity and pricing with mills based on the seasonal calendar. Reduce fabric spend and improve service levels/reduce lead times on fabrics.
- Maintain seasonal fabric matrix, issue greige and dyed fabric purchase orders to all mills. Interface with Sourcing to align on trims orders for all sourced factories from a timing standpoint.
- Drive fabric innovation – keep the business up to date on relevant fiber, yarn, fabric, and design.
- Create fabrics in PLM once approved. Interface fabric ready dates with Logistics to initiate fabric shipments. Interface with quality to ensure fabric testing and inspections are completed.
- Lead any fabric issue resolution negotiations.
- Support pricing guidelines at the fabric level to meet the brand’s cost parameters for all categories.
- Provide to VP financial planning and spend recap and projections for the upcoming quarter for fabric and trim spend.
- Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Leadership and Managerial skills encompassing self-motivation, organization, and time management
- Continuous process improvement with a critical eye on improving quality, consistency and reduce cost
- Yunique PLM
- Ability to analyze trends, market competition, and sales figures to conceptually visualize and set each brands development through print/color
- Presentation skills for in-house as well as sales presentations
- Well versed in apparel design and product development
- Managerial experience required with at least one direct report
- Excellent taste level
- 5 + years of experience in textile industry
- BS/BA Degree - Fashion/Textiles or similar
Watch your email − here’s what happens next:
We are a Drug-Free Workplace.