Fabric Color Manager
- Job Ref:
- Corporate Office, 101 NE 3rd Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Sourcing, Production and Quality
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
UA (Uniform Advantage) Brands is seeking an Apparel Product Color Manager responsible for color development, execution, consistency, and communication for Uniform Advantage private brands.
The Color Manager is responsible for setting up and maintaining the Color Standard library as well as the color submits records of both physical and electronic data. The Color Manager will lead the work of evolving UA physical "legacy color standards" to CSP standardized colors and leverage the relationship with both nominated CSPs to ensure best of class service to Uniform Advantage Brands and to our suppliers. The Color Manager will lead and leverage relationships with all suppliers to UA (fabric mills and trims suppliers) on all color development and execution.
The Color Manager is responsible for continuous improvements in our Color SOPs to improve fabric and garment delivery and cost efficiencies by ensuring that color is not the reason for shipment delays.
The Color Manager will use visual and data analysis for all shell and trim fabric colors and visual analysis for all color approvals of trims on Uniform Advantage branded products.
Additionally, this role is responsible for seasonal communication to send out all color standards for new color development to fabric and trim suppliers and maintaining an up-to-date status approval process for PDD, Production, and Sourcing teams use. The Color Manager may assist the print department as needed for color review of prints at strike-off and bulk stages.
- Color Development- Lead development of CSP standards for UA "legacy" colors. Create Seasonal Color development communication with all suppliers, direct placement of physical and QTX files from CSP and track/report color development status to meet calendar deadlines. Inform Product Development & Design (PDD), Production, Sourcing, and Merchant teams as to any issues.
- Establish, evolve and maintain continuous improvement of our Physical Color Standards Record Keeping. Maintaining CSP color standards, order replacement colors as needed. Manage outflow of core "legacy" color standards to mills seasonally until all colors have been standardized.
- Establish and maintain electronic data files for all color submits seasonally. Ensure consistency of color evolution within color tolerance. Leverage relationships with all suppliers to improve performance. Participate with color metrics for suppliers with vendor scorecard team.
- Manage bulk color approvals from all suppliers to meet color consistency within tolerance standards while maintaining production delivery dates for fabrics and trims.
- Create colors in PLM. Maintain a record of color names and color codes used previously to ensure to not duplicate past used names or codes and to ensure standardization of colors selected. Execute color development process for all DTM trims selected PDD team. Review PDD-selected "color card colors" to assure color consistency. Advise PDD.
- Communicate to VP PDD any color trend information from CSP relationships.
- Assist when needed with color approval on print strike-offs and bulk as well as print development if business-critical due to timing/reaction to trend.
- Data Color Software understanding and Visual Color acuity.
- Leadership and Managerial Skills encompassing self-motivation, organization, and time management.
- Continuous process improvement with a critical eye on improving quality, consistency, and reduce cost.
- Microsoft Office, Word, Excel & Outlook
- Yunique PLM
- Ability to analyze trends, market competition, and sales figures to conceptually visualize and set each brands development through print/color.
- Presentation skills for in-house as well as sales presentations.
- Excellent taste level
- College Degree Preferred - BA Fashion/Textiles or similar
Watch your email − here’s what happens next:
We are a Drug-Free Workplace.