Embroidery Sales Associate
- Job Ref:
- 517 S Pleasantburg Dr, Greenville, SC
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
Uniform Advantage is seeking a Full time Retail Embroidery Associate for our Greenville, SC store (see below for location address):
The Retail Embroidery Associate sets up and executes embroidery orders for Retail customers using the Melco EMT 16 Plus embroidery machine to create embroidery goods at the highest quality and efficiency standards. These orders will be completed on demand and as assigned based on orders placed in the retail store. This employee will maintain the equipment, replenish supplies needed and when no embroidery work is pending, complete other assigned Retail store tasks, including but not limited to, greeting customers, answering the phone, assisting customers on the sales floor, merchandising and other operational tasks as directed.
What We Offer:
- Flexible scheduling
- Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter off
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Bonus Day Off (BDO)
- Holiday Pay
- Employee merchandise discounts
- 401k plan
- Uniform and new shoes provided
- Referral Program: Get paid to work with friends!
- Fun events for employees at the stores!
Must have embroidery experience.
Full Time associates work 40 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare embroidery machine for garments/goods, which includes loading digitized designs into the machine software, manual thread changes and needle changes when appropriate.
- Prepare the goods to be embroidered for the machine, which includes hooping mechanisms and backing placement to ensure the highest possible quality.
- Examine completed work for quality assurance; detect defects and verify conformance and adjust machinery as needed to correct quality or efficiency issues.
- Routine machine maintenance including oiling and lint control as defined by the machine requirements.
- Ensure that all supplies for embroidery work is replenished and maintained.
- Press and prepare completed embroidery work for presentation to the customer.
- Friendly, energetic and self-managed personality.
- Multi-tasking ability: able to handle multiple customers and projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility to accommodate our opening/closing shifts.
- Beginner computer literacy using Windows operating systems. Ability to learn Retail POS system and embroidery machine software.
- Previous embroidery experience.
- Must be 18 or over with a High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous embroidery experience.
- Average 1 year tenure in previous jobs. (Qualified students are exempt from this requirement.)
- Must be able to work weekends and weekdays.
- Completion of criminal background check and online assessment.
Physical demands needed to successfully perform the position include the ability to:
- Walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Lift, push and/or pull up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds.
- There may also be brief periods of outside work: assisting management or customers in transferring boxes to/from vehicles. Occasionally, Sales Associates may work a ‘traveling store’ event, where merchandise is sold at an area hospital, office or other facility.
UA Brands is a Drug Free Workplace.
As an employee of any UA Brands division, you will be part of an established and dynamic organization. We believe that success starts from within and we are seeking individuals who thrive in an environment that encourages and supports self-management. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at UA Brands will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. UA Brands does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. UA Brands will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Greenville, SC 29607
Now Open • Mon-Sat 10a - 7p • Sun 12p - 5p