Director of Quality - Apparel
- Job Ref:
- Corporate Office, 101 NE 3rd Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Sourcing, Production and Quality
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
UA (Uniform Advantage) Brands is looking for a Director of Quality - Apparel to join the Fort Lauderdale based team!
The Director of Quality is to focus on proactive quality processes at the pre-production stage to ensure quality production and execution can be achieved efficiently. The role will interface with Product Development & Design (PDD)/Tech Team during the development and fit process, as well as with the Sourcing team to ensure factory allocation and quality is aligned for the product we want to make.
This role will lead the process of and evaluation of a wear test process for all new products to elevate the product being introduced or any product we want to re-evaluate for continuous improvement.
This role will need to visit all production facilities to establish a quality process scorecard, identify areas of opportunity for improvement and consistency in quality processes across all factories producing UA products. Through training and continuous engagement with all factories, this role will own continuous improvement in each of the factory’s quality processes.
- Pre-Production evaluation of new styles to ensure production quality expectations can be met.
- Develop and oversee factory quality process audit/score and through training and education engage in continuous improvement in each factory’s quality processes to be consistent.
- Develop and lead official wear-test processes for new product introductions.
- Maintain report on factories quality processes and collate this data with ongoing production quality reports provided by the quality manager to assure alignment of process and improved results.
- The ability to travel to all factories as required is essential to carry out this role effectively.
- Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with a multi-department team
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Leadership and Managerial skills encompassing self-motivation, organization, and time management
- Continuous process improvement with a critical eye on improving quality, consistency and reduce cost
- Knowledge of factory working processes, production processes, and quality experience is essential to this role
- Yunique PLM
- Presentation skills for in-house as well as sales presentations
- 7+ years of experience in the textile industry
- Bilingual - English/Spanish
- BS/BA Degree - degree in textiles, apparel management, or similar
Watch your email − here’s what happens next:
We are a Drug-Free Workplace.