- Job Ref:
- 101 NE 3rd Ave, Suite 2000, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- Technology and Computer-Related
The main responsibility of the Database Developer is to produce data solutions, provide ETL data pipelines via stored procedures, SSIS an other methods and to deliver high quality fast performing solutions based on data. Secondary function of the database developer will be to provide the pipeline to move data from any source to any target within the company via all manner of ETL and streams. We house a massive amount of data. Some is used for web team and some for other applications. The database developer will create solutions to benefit from this data and performance tune existing solutions so queries perform very fast
- Create new database solutions for data intensive websites, ERP, warehouse distribution applications & BI solutions. Creatively improve existing database solutions and ETL pipelines and data streams to business. Use your experience & skills to deliver solutions that are accurate, blazing fast, scalable, actionable and easy to use by the end user.
- Work directly with application developers, business analysts, and Lead BI architect to deliver new data driven solutions, feature requests, and bug fixes to stakeholders for Dynamics AX ERP. Answer questions with creative analytical and non analytical solutions. Create outputs for power bi, SSRS and excel outputs based on the request
- Build robust ETL and data stream processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management using SSIS, powershell, Tsql, etc.
- Performance tune complex stored procedures for fastest output or transnational processes and performance tune ETLS for data warehouse and data stores creating indexes, using query store, debugging execution plans and other methods. Making processes fast, legible and accurate based on best industry practices
- Ability to look at a problem and see a solution based on the whole picture not just from the problem in front of you without tunnel visio
- Very strong scripting knowledge for automation of SSIS script tasks or (Powershell or Python or some C#)
- Very strong SSIS knowledge
- Good knowledge of SSRS and PowerBI for data output
- Strong knowledge of windowing functions, advance TSQL, CTE, Cross Apply, function
- Advanced knowledge of how to optimize data sets to be used in ETLs and transactional stored procedures for very fast queries
- Strong knowledge of indexing and execution plan debugging
- Ability to adhere to project timelines and deliverables and documenting skills with Jira and Confluence
- Some experience with caching databases (redis, elastic search and tools Kibana) is desired
- SQL Server 2014 – 2016 experience is required
Bachelors Degree in IT or related field)
SQL Server 2014 – 2016 experience is required
Database developer experience building complex ETL and stored procedure tuning is a requirement
SSIS and some scripting language for automation and script tasks (powershell or python or c#)
Some experience with caching databases( Redis, elastic search and tools Kibana is welcome, not required but desirable
Click here to see what our employees say about working for our UA divisions!
Benefits Information: Enjoy the best of ALL worlds!
Along with a generous benefits package and dynamic downtown location, there’s another big benefit to building your career here: you enjoy the best of all worlds in one company. As an industry leader for 30 years, we offer the strength and stability of a large firm, with healthy profitability and exciting career growth. Yet our friendly, team-oriented workplace makes you feel like part of a close family. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, critical care, life AD&D insurance. We also offer a 401 (k) plan, FMLA, Pet Insurance, Continuing Education, Employee Assistance, and additional discount programs. For more information about our extensive benefits, click here.
If you share our drive to delight customers and achieve outstanding sales results, reach out to us now!
Watch your email − here’s what happens next:
We look forward to reviewing your application! If your background is a promising fit for the position, you’ll get an email from us within 3-4 business days which will include a link to our online Candidate Assessment.
Why do we request this assessment?
A big reason why UA Brands is such a rewarding place to work and why so many employees thrive here is the extra time we invest during the hiring process. We want to make sure our potential candidate will be a great addition to our family! This assessment allows us to get to know you better, which also helps you determine if we’re the right fit too.
UA Brands is a Drug Free Workplace.
As an employee of any UA Brands division, you will be part of an established and dynamic organization. We believe that success starts from within and we are seeking individuals who thrive in an environment that encourages and supports self-management. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at UA Brands will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. UA Brands does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. UA Brands will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.