Continuous Improvement Manager
- Job Ref:
- 777 Douglas Hill Rd, Suite 100, Lithia Springs, GA 30122
- Warehouse and Distribution
Immediate Warehouse Opportunity! Uniform Advantage is hiring a Continuous Improvement Manager.
Are you looking for a better schedule? Do you want to make more money, the better you perform? We are looking for motivated team members that feel good about a hard day’s work done well. We're a growing company with a high demand for our products and services, so we're adding new positions! UA Brands' global operations are supported by our high-volume warehouse/distribution center located right outside of Atlanta, Georgia in Lithia Springs. The Continuous Improvement Manager role is essential to the success of our e-commerce distribution operation. This role is responsible for the oversight of process improvements throughout the organization including training, safety, audit programs, and reporting, and will directly supervise a team of professionals focused on developing best practices for each operational team and translating them into actionable training/job effectiveness resources. Will also provide management oversight for ensuring the safety of the team/culture of safety. The role requires the ability to think strategically and execute operational strategies to make definitive and measurable improvements for the company as a whole. The ability to think out of the box and influence peers and management with data-driven models is a must-have. Knowledge and hands-on experience working with the end to end supply chain processes is strongly preferred. The ability to synthesize complex issues into succinct, articulate, executive summaries for senior leadership is a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To identify and deliver service improvement activity across the operation by employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking.
- To develop and implement a ‘best-in-class’ continuous improvement strategy for the distribution operation.
- To elicit requirements and drive process change using job analysis, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, business analysis, and a workflow analysis.
- Act as the Super User of key operational systems such as Manhattan Scale and Microsoft Dynamix AX integrations to WMS systems - This includes troubleshooting, testing, and creating training plans and presentations for end-user training and change management.
- Manage and develop all aspects of the operational training and safety programs for the distribution facility.
- Complete post-implementation reviews to ensure successful delivery has been achieved and to ensure that improvements can be made for future projects.
- Actively monitor project risks to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address in advance.
- Work with other team members and business services departments to devise new support material based on the revised processes, including training, reporting, and systems enhancements.
- Create and maintain process documentation for core business functions.
- Develop reporting and dashboard requirements through business reviews, submit requests for and/or build reporting/dashboards as needed for business operations.
- Data analysis, meeting facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Ability to rapidly learn and adapt to systems and data changes.
- Listening and communication skills.
- A detail-oriented and self-motivated individual able to function effectively when working independently or with a team.
- MS Project skills or similar project management tool.
- Excel skills including the use of advanced functions.
- OSHA Safety certification and knowledge.
- Change management skills.
- SQL coding experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Lean/Six Sigma certification
- Business/Ops analysis or project management experience
- Previous exempt management experience in relevant areas such as PI/CI, Safety, Operations or Training
- IT or system implementation experience is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with end to end supply chain process. Training in CI/PI tools such as Lean, Six Sigma, etc.
- SQL and reporting development experience required.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Must be 18 or over.
Our distribution center is located at 777 Douglas Hill Road, Suite 100, Lithia Springs, GA 30122; we are NOT on the Marta line.
Benefits Information: Enjoy the best of ALL worlds!
Along with a generous benefits package and dynamic location, there is another big benefit to building your career here: you enjoy the best of all worlds in one company. As an industry leader since 1985, we offer the strength and stability of a large firm, with healthy profitability and exciting career growth. Yet our friendly, team-oriented workplace makes you feel like part of a close family. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, critical care, life AD&D insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan, FMLA, Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance, and additional discount programs. For more information about our extensive benefits, click here.
Uniform Advantage introduced the Marketplace into the Lithia Springs Distribution Center. The Marketplace is a benefit available to all employees, which includes a variety of meal, snack, and beverage choices that is restocked 6 days per week. As an added benefit, each associate is provided with a pre-funded account designed to allow for the daily purchase of a meal and a beverage. Another example of Uniform Advantage’s quest to make the Distribution Center, affectionately known as UA-North, a good place to work.
Watch your email − here’s what happens next:
We look forward to reviewing your application! If your background is a promising fit for the position, you’ll get an email from us within 3-4 business days which will include a link to our online Candidate Assessment.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
As an employee of any UA Brands division, you will be part of an established and dynamic organization. We believe that success starts from within and we are seeking individuals who thrive in an environment that encourages and supports self-management. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at UA Brands will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. UA Brands does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. UA Brands will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.