Assistant Store Manager
- Job Ref:
- 494 W S R 436, Altamonte Springs, FL
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
Are you ready to begin your career in Retail Management? We’re seeking a Full Time Assistant Store Manager for our Altamonte Springs, FL store location:
Discover your perfect opportunity at Uniform Advantage, helping nurses, therapists and many other healthcare professionals find the fashionable, comfortable apparel they need.
The Assistant Store & Operations Manager is a leadership position, acting as a role model for the staff and providing operational support for the Area Sales & Store Operations Manager day-to-day. The Assistant Store & Operations Manager's primary focus is to be prepared at all times to fill any role needed in the store, including covering for the Area Sales & Store Operations Manager if he/she is not available.
- Competitive Hourly base pay starting at $15.75
- PLUS SIGNIFICANT BONUS-- Full Time employees are eligible for a $3,000 bonus payout after 9 months of employment.
- PLUS REFERRAL BONUS! Earn between $250-$500 extra when you refer a friend!
What We Offer:
- Flexible scheduling: Willing to work around your individualized scheduling needs
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Bonus Day Off (BDO)
- Holiday Pay
- Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter off
- Newly implemented safety measures to help protect our employees and customers through the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Employee merchandise discounts
- Uniform and new shoes provided
- Referral Program: Get paid to work with friends!
- Fun events for employees at the stores!
Full Time associates work 40 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As Assistant Manager, this individual will perform managerial tasks as assigned and designated by the Store Manager, including but not limited to:
- Conduct on-boarding training with new hires and provide continuous improvement direction for existing staff.
- Provide managerial coverage for the Area Sales & Store Operations Manager when unavailable.
- Perform all tasks of a Key Holder Sales Associate II as needed.
- Maintain customer service standards by setting an example and ensuring compliance from staff.
- Participate in all store, district and company sales initiatives, build sales and create new business opportunities both inside and outside the store.
- Communicate areas of concern and opportunities for improvement to the Area Sales & Store Operations Manager.
- Increase profitability by reducing shrink, maintaining inventory control by proper receiving practices.
- Supervise employees to ensure objectives are met.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
This position assumes a friendly and outgoing customer service role, adhering to Uniform Advantage’s Non-Negotiable Standards of Customer Service. Daily tasks as the Assistant Store & Operations Manager include:
- Asking questions to determine customers’ needs and assisting them in finding products that match their needs.
- Answering questions about products and services; processing payments and recording transactions in a POS system.
- Checking email, counting cash, processing credit and debit card sales and returns; processing gift card purchases and purchases made with traveler’s checks; accepting discount coupons; providing receipts and giving customers change, if necessary.
- Performing other tasks, as assigned; marking sale/clearance prices; preparing displays and basic cleaning duties.
- Basic computer literacy using Windows operating systems and sending emails (training on internal POS will be provided)
- Accurate math skills for cash handling and settlements.
- Friendly, energetic, and self-managed personality.
- Ability to handle multiple customers and projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility in accommodating our opening/closing shifts.
- Pass a criminal background check and complete our online assessment.
Physical demands needed to successfully perform the position include the ability to:
- Walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Wear safety equipment including face mask, face shield, and gloves.
- Lift, push and/or pull up to 30 pounds, and occasionally lift, push and/or pull up to 40 pounds.
- There may also be brief periods of outside work. This could include assisting customers in transferring boxes to/from vehicles, as well as setting up, overseeing and working a ‘traveling store”. This is an offsite service we provide that brings merchandise selection and fitting services right to a client’s hospital, office or other place of business.
UA Brands is a Drug Free Workplace.
As an employee of any UA Brands division, you will be part of an established and dynamic organization. We believe that success starts from within and we are seeking individuals who thrive in an environment that encourages and supports self-management. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at UA Brands will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. UA Brands does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. UA Brands will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
(In Tibby's Plaza near Sweet Tomatoes)
494 West S.R. 436
Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
Mon-Sat 10-8 • Sun 12-6