Assistant Store Manager
- Job Ref:
- 131 E Kemper Rd, Springdale, OH
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
For over 35 years, UA Brands has been synonymous with fashion-forward specialty apparel for the medical and culinary professions. We are proud to support our valued customers - true heroes giving back with every shift. Our culture includes a long history of philanthropy and community support. Our strong values and unique culture are built on collaborating not merely as coworkers, but as family and friends. From the beginning, we provide candidates an authentic look into how UA Brands embraces their skills and perspectives, all in ways that continue to set us apart.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Be an Assistant Store Manager for Uniform Advantage / UA Brands in Springdale, OH.
We help nurses, therapists, veterinarians and other healthcare professionals feel comfortable and look great as they work miracles large and small.
This is your chance to be hero adjacent – thinking big on strategic goals and managing the day-to-day operations of our retail store. Building relationships with customers and your team, providing exceptional service, generating sales and growing the business.
HERE’S THE GOOD STUFF
- $18.50 hourly rate
- $250 bonus for referring a friend to work at Uniform Advantage
- Full-timers work 40 hours per week
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Go above and beyond to serve the customer
- Be a terrific team leader: motivate, coach and mentor, set and communicate goals, recognize great work and ways to improve – always with fairness and consistency
- Collaborate with the Store Manager to ensure sales goals are met
- Keep up with the day-to-day: managing employees, and keeping the store clean and stocked
- Assist with keeping an eye on the bottom line: control expenses and follow Loss Prevention directives
- Identify and communicate business concerns to Store Manager and be an active problem solver
- Travel locally to visit key accounts, find new customers and make bank deposits
OUR “MUST HAVES”
- Supervisory skills, including strong organizational and professional communications
- Self-starter: detail-oriented and eager to follow through promptly
- Multi-tasker: handle multiple customers and projects at once
- Windows savvy: training on internal POS will be provided
- Intermediate-level Microsoft Office proficiency (knowledge of Excel a plus), 40+ wpm typing speed
- Flexibility to accommodate opening or closing shifts
- Successful completion of criminal background check and online assessment
- A valid driver’s license and active auto insurance
- Must be 18 or over with a High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous managerial experience.
IT’S A PHYSICAL JOB
- Walk and stand for long periods of time
- Use hands and arms to reach for and handle merchandise, boxes, cleaning supplies and other items
- Sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Lift, push and/or pull up to 40 pounds
- Safety measures to help protect staff and customers through COVID-19
- Occasionally work offsite at “pop-up” stores at client hospitals or offices
Plenty of benefits too.
UA BRANDS offers a full range of benefits allowing you the opportunity to customize a benefits package that addresses both your health and financial needs.
- Flexible scheduling
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Pharmacy Coverage
- Self-Care Matters! We offer an Employee Assistance Program – self-care and support for everyday challenges
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching - Save for your future
- Short & Long Term Disability – Company Paid
- Holiday Pay
- Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter off
- Paid Time Off – Life Balance
- Volunteer Time Off – Make an Impact
- Employee Discount Program - 35% employee merchandise discount
- Work uniforms and new shoes provided
- Regular Social Activities and Events – Mandatory Fun
- See more of the benefits we offer
UA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
As an employee of any UA Brands division, you will be part of an established and dynamic organization. We believe that success starts from within, and we are seeking individuals who thrive in an environment that encourages and supports self-management. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at UA Brands will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. UA Brands does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. UA Brands will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
Want to check out the store? Stop by.
Mon-Sat 10a - 8p • Sun 12p - 5p513-671-7062