- Job Ref:
- Corporate Office, 101 NE 3rd Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Art and Graphic Design
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
Following the creative strategy and direction set by the Creative Director, provides conceptual and stylistic direction and schedules for design staff, orchestrates their work, as well as the work of production artists, photographers, retouchers, illustrators, prepress technicians, printers and anyone else who is involved in the development of a project. The Art Director generally selects vendors and is responsible for the quality control while insuring proper sign off by Creative Directors, Merchandisers and Marketing. Responsible for managing a brands style guidelines and meeting all project deadlines.
- Responsible for assigning tasks/projects to the appropriate Graphic Designer/Production Artist working with the Projection Manager. Ensure project is completed at all costs.
- Ensure engaging, market appropriate designs for print and online projects based on directive supplied by Creative Director, Marketing and Merchandisers.
- Responsible for training new hires on current processes
- Quality controlling the color and creative details of product
- Art Directors are expected to be hands on designers, designing catalogs, flyers, landing pages, email promos/e-blasts, Google re-targeting ads and various Facebook images as necessary
- Troubleshooting issues within the design process, programs being used and/or issues with images and content
- Responsible to research and monitor industry trends, new technologies, and market competitors
- Plan for a project's photography needs; including selecting models, prepare shoot lists, props, photo styling, etc.
- Must be able to maintain and grow a brands creative vision, strong retail or marketing graphics experience
- Must be goal oriented and action-focused, practical and self disciplined
- Must have strong visual problem solving ability, the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and align activities to meet organizational goals
- Must possess excellent communication, presentation skills and work well within a team
- Must be demonstrating leadership skills, proactive thinking and the ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Extremely detail oriented with project management skill
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Mirosoft Office
- Adobe Acrobat
- Basic understanding of Resposive Web Design
Benefits Information: Enjoy the best of ALL worlds!
Along with a generous benefits package and dynamic downtown location, there’s another big benefit to building your career here: you enjoy the best of all worlds in one company. As an industry leader since 1985, we offer the strength and stability of a large firm, with healthy profitability and exciting career growth. Yet our friendly, team-oriented workplace makes you feel like part of a close family. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, critical care, life AD&D insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan, FMLA, Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance, and additional discount programs. For more information about our extensive benefits, click here.
Watch your email − here’s what happens next:
We look forward to reviewing your application! If your background is a promising fit for the position, you’ll get an email from us within 3-4 business days which will include a link to our online Candidate Assessment.
Why do we request this assessment?
A big reason why UA Brands is such a rewarding place to work and why so many employees thrive here is the extra time we invest during the hiring process. We want to make sure our potential candidate will be a great addition to our family! This assessment allows us to get to know you better, which also helps you determine if we’re the right fit too.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace
As an employee of any UA Brands division, you will be part of an established and dynamic organization. We believe that success starts from within and we are seeking individuals who thrive in an environment that encourages and supports self-management. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at UA Brands will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. UA Brands does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. UA Brands will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Apply