Apparel Quality Control (QC) Coordinator
- Job Ref:
- Corporate Office, 101 NE 3rd Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Manufacturing and Operations
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
UA Brands is hiring an Apparel Quality Control (QC) Individual with excellent attention-to-detail skills! Be a part of a growing organization.
The Apparel Quality Control (QC) individual is responsible for assuring that all UA Brands apparel meets or exceeds the brands’ and customer’s quality expectations. They will evaluate pre-production (PP) and top of production (TOP) samples while conducting the current quality test methods for all raw material items in development and production. This individual is a key player in the day-to-day functions of all testing.
- Review and approve PPS (pre-production samples) from both owned and sourced production suppliers.
- Responsible for sample review focused on garment quality/execution to standards.
- Review Measurements/Specs and customer perspective of appearance.
- Timely evaluation and clear/concise recap of the status of the sample to production location to ensure the factory understands clearly.
- Prepare and perform all fabric quality tests on raw materials. This evaluation is done at the initial counter (development) and bulk fabrics as well as alternative supplier testing for all UA products. Provide timely analysis of test results and distributes the status to the vendor, Product Development & Design (PDD), sourcing & planning managers.
- Evaluate garment testing reports as provided to ensure correct care label information to requirements are provided and approves care labels for production.
- Maintain and document changes in care instructions based on the continual improvement strategy process.
- Responsible for maintaining the physical standards library of tested specimens as well as PPS and TOP Library. Report out based on T&A for season projected misses to the calendar on PPS sample submit and approvals to sourcing manager and leadership.
- Knowledge of garment construction techniques/processes; and a strong understanding of garment production systems
- Demonstrated technical experience and expertise working with overseas mills, suppliers, and manufacturers
- Understanding of how to measure garments
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, company Retail Information Systems, and PLM
- Comfortable performing multifaceted projects along with day-to-day activities
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
Watch your email − here’s what happens next:
We are a Drug-Free Workplace.